Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Worry, Stress and Fear Conditions

Worry, Stress and Fear Conditions

Recently the Lord God Almighty through His wonderful Holy Spirit alerted me about this very thing in my life. A lack of trust in the Lord was the cause with doubt of what the Lord says feeding it. I was alarmed that I had fallen into this hole of despair where darkness surrounded me and the only light was when I looked up to Jesus my savior and deliverer.
I called out to Him in repentance for losing my God focus and listening to the rantings of lies that cause me to lose sight of His great faithfulness. How could I, a seasoned veteran of the Jesus movement be so careless and allow the spirit of stupid to take over?
Worry is my enemy that slips into my mind and soul to overwhelm me with businesses that are not mine. To pray is to release our cares thus helping others bear their burdens to the Lord. We are not to hang onto them and maul them over and over trying to figure ways and means to get people out of their predicaments. That is God's business.
Stress is a result of worry to the max and blows us up like a balloon. It shows up in our bodies as sickness and pain. It shows off in our minds, our souls as messed up thoughts. It shows in our spirits as a weakening force. Only God can help us to restore.
Fear is the reality of what we have accepted as normal, as human. Fear will cripple, maim, and paralyze and terrorize our bodies, souls and spirits. The torment of fear is unparalleled. Anxiety feeds on fear. Stress absorbs fear like a sponge and fear multiplies and grows more fear.
In a dream the Lord showed me how that because of fear of bats I have been a hindrance to my husband's blessing of others. He has a wonderful ministry of helps that is so needed in our wicked world and my allowing fear to operate in my thoughts and emotions gets in his way and kicks in at the worst times.
Bats have never harmed me or anyone else that I know. They have been very good for our environment in eating mosquitoes and moths and other flying things that can do us bad. Sometimes they have gotten into an area where I am living and startled me . I am sure the fear in them of me was greater than the fear in me of them.
My heart will attest to the damage that fear can do and my muscles that tense up painfully scream at me to smarten up. My adrenal glands have been so overworked by my fight or flight modes that serious overload has caused them to be exhausted.
Jesus teaches the way of peace . He is the very prince of peace.
What is my problem? Forgetting whose child I am and not giving everything up to God including any fear or dread that are unfounded as being of the Lord, my creator.
Worry, stress and fear are not for the child of God. Trust means t-total, r-resting,u-under, s-severe,t-testing. We can do all this through Christ who strengthens us.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home