Friday, October 31, 2008

SUICIDE as a Way Out?

Suicide as a Way Out
At any age or stage of life people are committing suicide. Why? What reasons are that strong? How can one even consider such a huge opt out?

As a young mother of three children and another on the way I reached a point of despair. The work load was too great and the finances too small. I was prolific and birth control measures were not effective.A young teen in our community had just been successful at taking his own life that was pre planned, journalled and laid out in his art work. In my desperate state of mind I reasoned that if he could do it so could I.As I contemplated on how and when and taking my kids with me, I heard an voice that reminded me that I was not my own but His.

I replied to Him that if He wanted this life He was welcome to it as I was so unable to cope anymore. I gave up my rights to myself again and put myself and my children into His hand of love and mercy and grace.I was spared the shame of opting out of this arena and our families were spared the awful grief, accusations and guilt that follows them for the rest of their lives.

Because I believe in God the Heavenly Father, the Great Jehovah and His Son Jesus Christ, and Holy Spirit I was saved from self destruction. Without them I would have caved in to the exit. If the Father of all living had not spoken to me at that precise moment the hell I would have encountered whether I lived or died would have ruined me forever.
Being old and full of days I have since heard of and seen many families destroyed because of a member of their clan or a friend feeling that life was not worth living anymore and so going through death's door into eternity. Troubled souls abound in our time in every country on the face of the earth. Only the realization of God's capable ways can save any of us.

Knowing that the Lord of all is on our side and wanting to deliver us from fear and our inabilities we can go on daily expecting Him to intervene for us. As I gave up to Jesus my future He sent a lady that knew my husband to visit me. When she saw that my house was a terrible mess and I was looking pale and tired she went into action and faithfully came weekly to my aid. She even went to my husbands boss and explained that my husband needed to take some time for us and go on a holiday.Jesus overdelivers all the time. This dear lady asked for nothing and gave us clothing for our kids. Her husband lent us money to buy a car paying it back one hundred dollars a month. Her only suggestion was to pass on the favors when we were able to some other needy family, which we have done several times already and will continue to do.

Suicide is not an option for any christian as it makes our God seem to be unable to keep us well in our minds. It also shows us how much faith in His love we lack. God forgives us of all sin except one and that is against His Holy Spirit. As we ask Him to forgive our unbelief, He will, and fill us with more understanding to trust Him daily to provide everything we need for our spirits, souls and bodies.We need to pass on the love and forgiveness to all others as well. That is what He suggests strongly. He says that if we forgive others their tresspasses, He will forgive ours. No suicide needed! Forgiven we deserve more chances at life and living His way forever.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home